Tuesday, February 23, 2010

New Camera, New Zeal

Okay, so this is officially the beginning of this blog and I would love to take you with me on a journey from beginning (or somewhere close to there) to knowledgeable. I am not an expert and I will not pretend to be an expert, however, I will do my best to show you what I have learned and maybe even learn a thing or two from your interactions.
In my previous post, I had stated that I was going to be using a Powershot A590IS, but I have since upgraded to a Canon 500D (Rebel T1i) and I'm using the stock 18-55mm IS lens and an additional 55-250mm IS lens. Both of these are UF-S lenses and are considered good beginner lenses and perfect to learn on. As we go on and our knowledge increases, I will get some L-lenses to compare the quality of the photos we will be taking.
I will look to post at least 5 times a week and I will start tomorrow, which is my birthday, with some pictures of the woods and the snow. The main important thing I will be pointing out is understanding all the factors that go into choosing the right exposure for the picture in any type of situation.
If all else fails, I will also show you how to take RAW pictures and give them the right exposure through software.
Till tomorrow, this is me shooting out...

No comments:

Post a Comment